Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Return to the blogosphere

Today I have found myself at home on sick leave with strict instructions to rest and take care of myself.  This is a challenge for me and I am sure that I am not alone in that.  There always seems to be something else that I deem to be more important than sitting down, breathing deeply and recharging my batteries. 

So here I am once again in the world of blogging.  A few years ago I blogged under this very blog name, I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the interaction with like minded people and I loved shedding some light into my world.  I feel it will be a good outlet for me to sit down, deep breathe and do something for myself.

Who am I?

My name is Cat, I moved to Australia from N.Ireland 7 years ago this week.  I guess it could be said that this is my Australiaversary.  I moved permanently after going between Australia and UK/Ireland for 2 years.  You see my husband (lets call him Tomcat) is Australian, we did a lot of umming and ahhhing about where to settle and you guessed it Australia won.  But instead of sticking with what at least one of us knew as familiar life, we moved to a different state from my in laws.  Yup some may call us crazy but we saw it as an adventure.  Time to strike out and make a name and life for ourselves.  It has been a tumultuous 7 years - but more on that later. 

What are my interests?

I am Christian and believe we each are here to make a difference. I will in the future share some of the areas and campaigns I am particularly interested in.

I work in health care as a Critical Care Registered nurse.  I thrive on adrenaline in work but in my private life I am extremely cautious.  I think it comes from witnessing many accidents and misadventures.  I constantly fight the urge to wrap my loves ones in cotton wool and forbid them to do anything 'risky'.

I love swimming, reading, movies and most of all my family and friends.  If I could pack my parents, sister and some of my oldest friends up and move them down under life would be pretty much perfect.  Add in a glass of bubbly and I think i would be the happiest person alive.

Thanks for dropping by, feel free to leave me a comment and I look forward to getting to know you all while sharing more of myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment